Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Technology Inventory

As I take note of the different technologies available in different classrooms and schools, I am amazed at how much is available in some schools and how little is available in other schools. I have learned that Title 1 schools are provided with some of the most modern and advanced technology, while schools that are in more affluent areas lack modern technology.

At Spring Creek, there is some awesome technology available! As I learn more about what is available, I realize that technology can really enrich a lesson! If teachers would take the time to find out everything that the technology in their classroom can do, they could create some rich learning experiences. But I think many teachers avoid technology because it is intimidating to them.

1 comment:

  1. Are you at Spring Creek as well? Have I been missing you over the past couple of weeks? Sorry if I have! But I will agree that Spring Creek in Provo is AMAZING! I love the school so much and they do have a TON of technology. I'm not sure about the other schools in the area, but it would definitely be interesting to see what other schools in more affluent areas have.

    ReplyDelete