Friday, January 16, 2009

RSS feeds

This week I have learned all about RSS feeds. Knowing my technological background, it will not be a surprise to you that I had never heard of "RSS" before. But I think it is a brilliant idea! I am excited to apply RSS feeds to my personal life, but more importantly, I am excited to use them for educational purposes. As a teacher, I will frequently be visiting particular sites, and it will be very convenient to have information sent to me rather than having to seek it out.

I have also learned how to add a link list to my blog. This will also be a valuable thing to know as a teacher; it will definitely save me time to have a collection of "frequently visited" links on my blog site.

One of the videos I watched about this topic mentioned that RSS feeds can be addicting...and I have to admit that is what I am discovering.

1 comment:

  1. I never heard of RSS feeds before either if that makes you feel better:)

    ReplyDelete